The history of Tenute D’Onghia dates back to the eighteenth century. The farmhouse was built with fortified wallsby the Rosati family, from which it takes its name. The farmhouse was built according to the traditional architectonic rules, using arches and vaults, beams and lime. The Magistrate and President of the Supreme Court Domenico Rosati built the farmhouse in 1934; subsequently it was inherited by his son, Pasquale. In 1964 it was bought by GianvitoD’Onghia, grandfather of the present owners, and it was converted into a livestock farm.
In 2005 his grandchildren formed an agricultural society renovating part of the old farmhouse and giving birth to the current TenuteD’Onghia.